These terms apply to the website xtlearn.net, created and run by Xtensis Ltd, which for the purposes of this service is trading under the name of, and referred to as, "XtLearn".
Wherever applicable, these Terms cover direct usage of the site as well as when site functionality is embedded in other websites (such as Moodle) by any technical means.
These Terms of Service apply to three kinds of users:
- Any visitor to the site, including learners, whether registered or not
- All registered users
- Registered users who have subscribed to the XtLearn+ premium service
Except where specified otherwise, "User" refers to any visitor to the site, and any organisation that they act on behalf of.
1. Your Acceptance of the XtLearn Terms of Service
XtLearn reserves the right to change these Terms at any time and will ensure that the current text of the is always available on this page (XtLearn.net/Help/Terms).
2. XtLearn Usage License
XtLearn grants the User a license to access and use free of charge:
- The features available on XtLearn - other than Plus features - as described here.
- Any collection created by the User using XtLearn (subject to Clause 5 "XtLearn Intellectual Property") in accordance with the XtLearn Terms.
- XtLearn reserves the right to terminate the User's license to use XtLearn at any time and for any reason. XtLearn reserves the right to modify, supplement or otherwise change in any way any of its XtLearn software at any time or to disable access to any features at any time for any reason.
- XtLearn reserves the right to sell advertisement space on the XtLearn website at any time.
- The User is solely responsible for the User's use of XtLearn. Because XtLearn merely serves as a repository of links to information, user-posted content does not represent the advice, views, opinions or beliefs of XtLearn and XtLearn makes no claim of accuracy of any user-posted content. XtLearn allows for the posting of links to third-party websites. The linked websites' content, business practices and privacy policies are not under the control of XtLearn, and XtLearn is not responsible for the content of any linked website or any link contained in a linked website. The inclusion of a link on XtLearn does not imply any endorsement by or any affiliation with XtLearn. In accessing XtLearn or following links to third-party websites the User may be exposed to content that the User considers offensive or inappropriate. The User agrees that the User's only recourse is to stop using XtLearn.
- XtLearn shall not be responsible for the manner or circumstances by which the User or any other party accesses or uses third-party content and is under no obligation to disable or otherwise restrict this access. XtLearn provides the User with the ability to retrieve and remove the User's collections and personal information from XtLearn. This ability does not extend to copies that others may have made or to copies that XtLearn may have made for backup purposes.
- XtLearn and the User are independent entities, and nothing in the XtLearn Terms, or via use of XtLearn, will create any partnership, joint venture, agency, franchise, sales representative, or employment relationship between XtLearn and the User.
- Xtlearn provides the site and services "as is" and without any warranty or condition, express, implied or statutory. Xtlearn specifically disclaims any implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, non-infringement, information accuracy, integration, interoperability or quiet enjoyment.
- The User understands and agrees to use XtLearn at the User's own discretion and risk and that the User will be solely responsible for any damages that arise from such use. Under no circumstances shall XtLearn or its affiliates be liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, consequential or punitive damages of any kind, or any other damages whatsoever (however arising, including by negligence), including without limitation, damages related to use, misuse, reliance on, inability to use and interruption, suspension, or termination of the site or services, damages incurred through any links provided on the site and the non-performance thereof and damages resulting from loss of use, sales, data, goodwill or profits, whether or not XtLearn has been advised of such possibility. The User's only right with respect to any dissatisfaction with XtLearn shall be to terminate use of XtLearn.
4. User Obligations
- Whilst the User may use XtLearn in support of services for which the User receives income it is a condition of this Licence that the User is not permitted to repackage, copy, reproduce, amend, edit, market, charge, solicit donations, sell or otherwise use XtLearn Basic in any manner which independently creates any other sources of income or financial benefit for the User. This prohibition includes providing access via any hyperlink, RSS feed, API, bundling with other software of any kind, or other method that allows any other party to store, deliver or transfer copies of collections made with XtLearn.
- The User shall not create bookmarks or collections in XtLearn for the purposes of specifically boosting exposure of a site in XtLearn and/or search engines, XtLearn views such entries as spam and XtLearn reserves the right to take appropriate action to restrict such entries up to and including termination of your access to XtLearn.
- The User shall not use any of the features of XtLearn to allow the display of a substantial portion of the XtLearn database or reproduce, duplicate or copy XtLearn.
- XtLearn reserves the right to limit the number of collections that any User may make in XtLearn and or the number of resources in any collection to prevent any abuse of the site in this way.
5. XtLearn Intellectual Property
6. Entire Agreement and Governing Law
These Terms supersede any previous agreement related to the User's use of XtLearn and represent the entire agreement between XtLearn and the User with regard to the User's use of XtLearn. The Terms are governed by the laws of the England. If any provision of the XtLearn Terms is adjudged to be illegal or unenforceable, the continuation in full force of the remainder of the XtLearn Terms will not be prejudiced, and the illegal or unenforceable provision of the XtLearn Terms shall be severed accordingly. Any changes in these terms and conditions will be emailed to all registered users and/or notified on the site.
The text of this page (but not images, video or other media) is available for modification and reuse under the terms of the
Creative Commons Attribution-Sharealike 3.0 Unported License and the GNU Free Documentation License.