Lots of functionality in XtLearn is centered around organisations. We define an organisation as any educational provider, in either private or public sectors.
Becoming a member of an organisation allows you to:
- Share collections only with colleagues
- Easily find colleagues
- Use files within the organisation's filespace
- Create bespoke classification schemes to help organise your resources, modelling your internal groupings, such as departments
If any of the organisations you're a member of has an XtLearn+ subscription, and depending on your Plus level, you can also:
- Create projects
- Use an organisation's own customised Learner Theme.
- Use a much wider variety of Learner Themes, including animated ones.
- Give a collection to another Plus user, and (coming soon - ) collaborate on shared collections.
- Have access to a much larger personal filespace. (The organisation's filespace will also be larger.)
- Create up to an unlimited number of resources from your own files.
Adding yourself to an organisation is usually simple. Just click
Edit Your Profile from the user menu, top right, and add to your positions, or find your organisation's page using search, and follow the instructions.
However, some organisations may have a policy in place that requires you to have signed up with a work email, or are invitation only. The org's page may have further instructions on who to contact.
We have most UK educational establishments already on file - if yours is not, or is incorrect, email us at email@example.com
Once joined, you can return to your organisation's page from the Dashboard. You may also wish to bookmark it.
With a Plus subscription, you gain complete control over your organisation, using policies - see Managing your Organisation.
The text of this page (but not images, video or other media) is available for modification and reuse under the terms of the
Creative Commons Attribution-Sharealike 3.0 Unported License and the GNU Free Documentation License.